Re: Comments on RDF Concepts

From: Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 13:01:51 +0100
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
On 02/07/13 00:40, Gavin Carothers wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us
> <mailto:phayes@ihmc.us>> wrote:
>
>     I would like to keep graph *isomorphism* and dataset *isomorphism*
>     in Concepts. They are not semantic ideas, but part of the abstract
>     syntax specification; and it is good to keep them clearly distinct
>     from the semantic idea of (logical) equivalence.
>

> +1

+1

Isomorphism - two graphs being equal by value - is something developers
can need to be aware of.  Read the same bytes twice (same place,
different place => same-value) graph

If the problem is using the word "isomorphism" then downplay it (= don't
use it in a section title).

Since the use of bnodes is being increased, it becomes more important to
the data app developer.

	Andy