Re: JSON-LD grammar

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>wrote:

> On Monday, January 07, 2013 7:30 PM, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
>
> > AFAIK, W3C standard is EBNF, and I did make an attempt at an EBNF
> > grammar some time ago, but the consensus of the group was that this
> > wasn't too useful. The fact that it's JSON, and pretty much every
> > implementation will use a JSON parser and iterate of the resulting
> > objects, I still think this is probably not too useful for the purposes
> > of implementing a processor.
>
> Right. That's the reason why I didn't use EBNF. I wouldn't like to include
> rules to parse JSON itself, just the grammar on top of JSON but
> unfortunately there doesn't exist such a thing yet.

Wouldn't it be relevant to use JSON-Schema [1], then? I've used it in the
past and found it quite nice useful... However, it is not a finalized spec
and has not evolved in the last two years, so that may be inappropriate for
a W3 REC.

  pa

[1] http://json-schema.org/