Re: Using bnode identifiers for predicates, graph names

On 06/02/13 01:49, Manu Sporny wrote:
> There is no reason to force the JSON-LD author to assign an
> IRI when we don't need to inflict that upon them.

> That is, if it is fine
> to auto-generate a blank node identifier for this markup today:
>
> {
>    "@context": "http://example.com/context.jsonld",
>    "name": "Andy"
> }
>
> Why is it not ok to generate blank graph identifiers for this markup?

An identifer for a graph-not-labeled by the data publisher can still be
an IRI.

> [{
>    "@context": "http://example.com/context.jsonld",
>    "@graph": { ... },
>    "created": "2013-02-04"
> },{
>    "@context": "http://example.com/context.jsonld",
>    "created": "2013-02-05"
> }]
>
> Is that more clear?

You want the data writer not to have to allocate names (IRIs).  Get the
computer to do  it.  They are quite good at doing so!

What you want is autogenerated names - you can autogenerate IRIs as per
other comments in this thread.

 Andy