RE: Normative reference from Concepts to Semantics

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 13:15:12 +0100
To: "'RDF Working Group WG'" <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:43 AM, Pat Hayes wrote:
> What exactly is the intended implication of having the reference be
> informative? If this implies that Semantics is not a normative part of
> the overall spec, then I must formally object to this. As I recall, the
> 2004 specification documents all cross-referred normatively to one
> another, as a matter of design.

As Richard already explained, this doesn't affect Semantics at all. It is
just that Semantics is based on Concepts but not vice versa. I think it's
not only right thing to do but also gives as more flexibility in regard to
the W3C process as Concepts can progress even if Semantics is hold back due
to, e.g., a formal objection. Given that the WG is running out of time, this
is a very important positive side effect IMO.

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler