Re: Normative reference from Concepts to Semantics

From: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 18:28:47 +0000
Cc: RDF Working Group WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>
To: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
On 16 Dec 2013, at 16:32, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:
> Another question.. currently Concepts normatively references Semantics which
> means we have a circular dependency. Is this what we want or shall we
> convert the reference to be informative?
>
> Even though it could be argued either way, I think I would prefer to make it
> informative. Thoughts (or has this already been discussed)?

+1 to an informative reference. RDF Concepts defines the structure, RDF Semantics defines how to interpret the structure. This seems like the correct layering to me.

I note that RDF Semantics is only referenced in informative material, so itís not clear what a normative reference would mean. A normative reference doesn't seem to be necessary to define any of the things that RDF Concepts normatively defines.