Re: Made rdf:HTML/XMLLiteral non-normative

What is non-normative about these is, RDF engines are not REQUIRED to recognize them. But if they do, then they MUST get them right. They are only REQUIRED to recognize xsd:string and rdf:langString.

Pat

On Dec 16, 2013, at 9:04 AM, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Monday, December 16, 2013 5:33 PM, Gavin Carothers wrote:
>> The non normative part is the lexical to value mapping. The IRI denoting
>> a HTML or XML literal is still normativish. At least I think so
>
> Hmm... well, the l2v mapping of a datatype is probably its most important aspect. It could be said that the IRI is just used to identify this function and as such doesn't have any value without it.
>
> Maybe Pat or Peter could tell us what consequences removing the statement would have for semantics or how they handled the change.
>
>  Recognized IRIs have fixed referents, which MUST satisfy these conditions:
>
>  1. If the IRI http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#XMLLiteral is
>     recognized then it refers to the datatype rdf:XMLLiteral;
>

> Cheers,
> Markus
>

> --
> Markus Lanthaler
> @markuslanthaler

IHMC                                     (850)434 8903 home
40 South Alcaniz St.            (850)202 4416   office
FL 32502                              (850)291 0667   mobile (preferred)