Re: Turtle += Note explaining @prefix and PREFIX

On 12/15/2013 11:38 AM, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> * Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org> [2013-12-14 19:23-0500]
>> On Dec 14, 2013 11:44 PM, "Gavin Carothers" <gavin@carothers.name> wrote:
>>> The changes to resolve the feature at risk were the last ones I was aware
>> of. Hopefully everyone finds them acceptable. Will create the PR
>> Overview.html(s) for everything this weekend.
>>
>> It looks good to me but I recall there being some text associated with the
>> resolution to the effect of "use @prefix until the RDF 1.1 Turtle parsers
>> are deployed." I'll dig that up in the morning unless someone else in the
> Done. please see:
>    https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/index.html#sec-iri
> and the changeset at:
>    https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/rev/551b4b75eff0
>
> [[
> Note
>
> The Turtle language originally permitted only the syntax including the
> '@' character for writing prefix and base directives. The
> case-insensitive 'PREFIX' and 'BASE' forms were added to align
> Turtle's syntax with that of SPARQL. It is advisable to serialize RDF
> using the '@prefix' and '@base' forms until RDF 1.1 Turtle parsers are
> widely deployed.
> ]]

Can we also point people to
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/reports/index.html or
maybe a www.w3.org proxy/snapshot of it, so people have a better chance
of knowing when that is?

Or is that misleading, because even if the software is updated, the
people using the software will still be using old copies? Hrm.     I
guess no advice is better than bad advice.   :-(