RDF-ISSUE-176: CR comment: BNF expression of RDF Concepts [RDF Concepts]

From: RDF Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:47:08 +0000
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org
RDF-ISSUE-176: CR comment: BNF expression of RDF Concepts [RDF Concepts]

http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/176

Raised by: Markus Lanthaler
On product: RDF Concepts

*** This was raised by Richard Light on the mailing list ***

I notice that the 1.1 CR [1] lacks a BNF representation of the concepts which characterize an RDF graph.  I suggest that providing such a formal representation would be helpful to systems developers, since it would introduce standard naming conventions, and structures, which could be followed in whichever programming language was being used for development.  This inter-system consistency would, in turn, help application software engineers using the systems they create.

Richard

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf11-concepts/

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-comments/2013Dec/0010.html