Re: Review of RDF/JSON

Hi Andy,
I've now gone through all your comments and updated the draft accordingly.
See below for further details.

Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org> wrote on 07/01/2013 04:11:20 PM:

> From: Andy Seaborne <andy@apache.org>
> To: RDF-WG <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>,
> Date: 07/01/2013 04:14 PM
> Subject: Review of RDF/JSON
>
> http://www.w3.org/2013/meeting/rdf-wg/2013-06-26#RDF__2f_JSON_as_Note
>
> == Process
>
> Either clarify the meaning of "normative"/"non-normative" in a Note
> (maybe frame as "if this were a REC then ...") or remove.

I'm not convinced conformance has anything to do with whether the document
is a REC or not. Although the document is merely going to be a Note it can
still define what it means to conform to it, don't you think?

> == Overall
>
> The spec only covers graphs, not RDF datasets.
> This is probably not worth addressing.
>
> == 5 Examples
>
> Add the corresponding N-triples to the examples.

Done.

> == 6 Acknowledgements
>
> This is a copy from another document.
>
> Replace with a credit to Talis.
>
> The original work is:
> http://docs.api.talis.com/platform-api/output-types/rdf-json
>
> There is a copy of that original in case docs.api.talis.com goes away:
> http://jena.apache.org/documentation/io/rdf-json.html

Fixed.

> == Appendix A
>
> The Content type registration should be made less formal - it's not
> actually being registered (can't be, not a REC?).  I suggest a simple:
>
> [[
> The suggested media type for RDF/JSON is "application/rdf+json".
>
> It is suggested that RDF/JSON files have the extension ".rj" (all
> lowercase) on all platforms.
>
> JSON is encoded in Unicode, with a default encoding of UTF-8.  See
> RFC627, section 3 "Encoding".
> ]]
>
> and remove everything else.

Done.

> By the way: Appendix A:
>
> """
> The encoding considerations of the SPARQL Query Results JSON Format
> """
> This is not the SPARQL Query Results JSON Format!

Indeed. This was clearly left over from a copy/paste.

> == References
>
> Fix RDF-CONCEPTS reference
>
> Remove RFC3023 (used in appendix A)

Done.

Thanks for your careful review and input.