RE: json-ld test suite

On  Friday, April 05, 2013 2:06 PM, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> Turns out I can't really proxy for github because it does redirects, or
> something.   So, instead I made a landing page which explains the
> situation (for now).   I put it on the wiki, so feel free to edit.

OK. I've just pushed the to LC working drafts:

 - http://json-ld.org/spec/WD/20130411/json-ld/
 - http://json-ld.org/spec/WD/20130411/json-ld-api/

The files are already synced to w3.org:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/json-ld/raw-file/default/spec/WD/20130411/

As soon as they are available as

  - http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-json-ld-20130411/
  - http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-json-ld-api-20130411/

all links will work. I've also ensured that everything validates.

> Other things I observe about the test suite that might be problems:
>
>     - there's no way to test for extra triples being generated by JSON-
> >RDF

Why not? We made sure that everything, including blank node labeling, is
deterministic. So the simplest way to test RDF conversion is to serialize
the result as N-QUADS, sort them and then compare the result by direct
string comparison.

>     - there's no way to test RDF->JSON

We have RDF->JSON tests. Here's the manifest:

https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/blob/master/test-suite/tests/fromRdf-
manifest.jsonld

>     - there are frame and normalize tests, but I have no idea what
>       those are (since that's not in the spec any more)
>
> Yes?

Yeah, that's true. We will exclude them from the official W3C test suite.

Cheers,
Markus

--
Markus Lanthaler