RE: a few more JSON-LD editorial comments

On Friday, April 05, 2013 12:08 AM, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> > Yeah.. The only other thing I'm aware of is the link to the test
> > suite. Currently it points to http://json-ld.org/test-suite/. Shall
> > I change that to http://www.w3.org/2013/json-ld-tests/ as we've
> > discussed? I just checked. It's not setup yet.
>
> I think so.    Before setting it up, I was waiting to hear feedback on
> the URL (eg json-ld/test-suite).  If I proxy that to
> https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/tree/master/test-suite we get
> individual test URLs that look like:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2013/json-ld-tests/tests/compact-0001-context.jsonld
>
> I'm wondering about getting that "/tests" out of there.   Hard to do,
> though.   Whatever.

I assumed that we will need to freeze the test suite anyway at some point.
So it shouldn't be a problem to eliminate that unnecessary sub-directory.

We can change that redirection/proxy at any point, right? So probably we'll
just create another directory official-w3c-tests or something and move
everything that was approved there. For the time being, using what we
currently have should be enough and allows me to change the link.

> Also, I see the test suite says it's maintained as a free-for-all.
> That's probably not appropriate, at least while we're going through CR
> (or an LC that might also be a CR).

Right. I think it makes sense to have an official, frozen test suite (under
the req. W3C license) and a place where we collect new tests even after
going to REC.

> I suggest that we start to add to the manifests entries like
>      "approved": "http://www.w3.org/2013/04/04-rdf-wg-irc#T21-59-26"
>
> ... for any test which has been approved by the RDF WG.    (which might
> be a whole bunch at once.)

That's another option but it might become problematic when tests are
changed/extended etc. I prefer to freeze the official test and to not touch
them anymore :-)

> This way we don't really need much access control -- anyone can see if
> the test has been modified since being approved, and check whether it
> was actually approved by following that link.
>
> Then, to exit CR, we'll need people to be passing "approved" tests.
> This should be explained in the README.
>
> We should also tell people how to submit their test results, and where
> the table of everyone's test results is.

Gregg is already working on that:

https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/229

> Yeah, let's add that text and see how it goes.

OK, cool.

Cheers,
Markus

--