Re: refining UC3

On 11 Jan 2012, at 17:48, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> Are there other use cases that have this hand-authoring feel, where
> folks need to say things about g-snaps?

There *might* be some of this “hand-authoring feel” in use cases related to provenance.

Let's say I have an RDF store that contains data from five other sources, all obtained in different ways and massaged using different transformation procedures. Perhaps these steps are re-run according to some schedule.

I might want to have a detailed record of these procurement and transformation steps. This requires talking about collections of RDF triples. It might require talking both about g-boxes and g-snaps.

While the *data* itself is probably large, the *provenance metadata* might be small, and might end up being hand-authored.

(We do some of this in DERI, and it obviously is related to VoID. It's not a top-priority use case from my POV though.)

Best,
Richard