Re: JSON-LD terminology

On 8/31/12 5:20 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 31/08/12 10:02, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>
>> Would you, and the other members of the RDF WG, be fine with just
>> dropping
>> the sentence "In particular, any document based on an RDF serialization
>> format is a Linked Data document"?
>
> Not really.  I think it's an important, including for JSON-LD which
> has the "toRDF" function.  RDF is the data model.
>
> The statement does not say that only RDF is linked data.

Andy,

RDF and Linked Data are not the same thing. There isn't an owl:sameAs
relationship between these two entities. To push this overtly or
covertly serves no beneficial purpose. We don't need confusion obscuring
the virtues of either.

In the context of Linked Data It should be made very clear that RDF is:

1. an option
2. an implementation detail.

--

Regards,