Re: JSON-LD terminology

Richard's first comment included:
> I think that this discussion belongs onto the WG mailing list and
> shouldn't just be buried in the issue tracker, so I'm posting the
> message here too.

Ditto.

I received offlist email:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/json-ld/raw-file/default/spec/ED/json-ld-syntax/20120830/index.html

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/json-ld/raw-file/default/spec/ED/json-ld-api/20120830/index.html

 > @cygri <https://github.com/cygri>, @afs <https://github.com/afs> does
 > this address all the concerns you raised as part of this issue so
 > that I can close it?
 >
 > —
 > <https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/47#issuecomment-8167501>.

What are the changes within these two document that are relevant to this
discussion? (And why does it now span two documents?)  I'm not sure what
you're asking me about - checking two large docs isn't viable.

I do see (ISSUE 47 note):

"""
Note that this definition is provisional, and may be reverted to
something closer to the original depending on community feedback.
"""

so nothing has actually been decided yet?

[[
Note

JSON-LD allows properties to be BNodes, while RDF does not. When used as
just JSON-LD, this is not unreasonable; it only becomes an issue (and
could raise an exception) when transformed to RDF.
]]

but also:
[[
An edge must be labeled with an absolute IRI, within the JSON-LD syntax,
this label is called a property.
]]

I like the note spelling out that linked data does not have to be
JSON-LD.  Are notes going to be in the final document?