Re: [All] Proposal: RDF Graph Identification

Le 20/08/2012 17:14, Sandro Hawke a écrit :
> [cut]
>
> We'd just be separating the RDF semantics from the RDF model and syntax.
> It would now be okay, according to the spec, to use the RDF model and
> syntax without using the RDF semantics.

What does this change to the current situation? RDF semantics is
separated from the RDF model & syntax (except that the word "concepts"
is used instead of "model") and it is Ok to implement one without the
other and this is what people actually do. Not every applications that
use RDF have to be reasoners (RDF parsers, W3C RDF validator, RDF
editors, some triplestores, linked data browser, etc).

Moreover, the current RDF 1.1 Concepts explains much better than RDF 1.0
Concept what the concepts are supposed to mean. So I expect that, with
the new specs, it will be even easier to implement the model without
bothering about the formal semantics.

-AZ

--
Antoine Zimmermann