W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-wg@w3.org > August 2012

RE: an idea: @context in coercion rules ?

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 11:43:33 +0200
To: "'Ivan Herman'" <ivan@w3.org>, "'Gregg Kellogg'" <gregg@greggkellogg.net>
Cc: <public-rdf-wg@w3.org>, <public-linked-json@w3.org>
Message-ID: <00d501cd6fca$1efee2b0$5cfca810$@lanthaler@gmx.net>
> Bottom line: I am still in favour of a feature freeze, moving the
> current document into LC as soon as this is administratively possible,
> with the only technical change being possibly *removing* features and
> not adding any (beyond handling errors, of course). Even if we are
> forced to reject some feature requests...
> Ivan
> P.S. Maybe separating and freezing the current version on Rec track,
> and considering a 2.0 version with feedbacks from the community is a
> way to go.

I think I wouldn't be too opposed doing so as I think a lot of people
(Apache Stanbol, VIE, Joshfire, etc.) are currently just waiting to have an
official, stable spec to start/update their implementations and ship them.
We would also have the advantage of (hopefully) seeing some real-world usage
of it which would make it tremendously easier to decide which features are
worth adding.

However, if we are going to do this, it is crucial to make it crystal-clear
that 1.1 (not 2.0!) will be 100% backwards-compatible and that is a minor
update that happens in a timescale of months and not years. I would thus
like to see the first 1.1 draft being published more or less at the same
time that 1.0 enters into LC. Thoughts?

Markus Lanthaler
Received on Wednesday, 1 August 2012 09:44:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:04:19 UTC