Re: What can/should/must we do with rdf:PlainLiteral?

On 6/19/2011 1:35 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> A question to the team contacts.
>
> Given that the term “plain literal” is likely to be removed from the abstract syntax, our work has a serious impact on the rdf:PlainLiteral specification.

Richard, do you see any way to implement the recent resolution without
removing the term "plain literal" from the abstract syntax? Would it be
possible to re-define it within the abstract syntax to be the same thing
as a "typed literal with data type xsd:string"?

I don't know what impact doing this would have on the rdf:PlainLiteral
question (so apologies for hijacking your question), but I think that
potentially other specs such as (surprise) SPARQL Query might end up
with far fewer required changes if they could still lean on the RDF
Concepts definition of "plain literal".

(I haven't done an actual audit of uses of the term in the SPARQL Query
document, but this is a suspicion I've been clinging to since last week.)

What do you think?

Lee