Re: Mercurial repository layout

On Jun 2, 2011, at 12:12 , Richard Cyganiak wrote:

> On 2 Jun 2011, at 10:21, Ivan Herman wrote:
>> Just one question: I presume the /ReSpec.js is not for a local copy of the javascript, but the add-ons like a working-group wide bibliography, right?
>
> It would be for a local copy. This is handy because it means you can work on the documents while off-line.

My worry would be to have then some sort of a parallel set of scripts which, on long term, would then deviate from ReSpec.js as used by other working groups. Do you also want to copy the full bibliography file? That is actively maintained by people all the time...

I see the point of working off-line although, in truth, if you are off line you can still edit and see your file, the only point is that it is not formatted as a W3C TR.

> I also made a local addition to ReSpec to be able to list the previous editors of a document. This was very easy -- extending ReSpec seems to be very straightforward. I asked on the spec-prod list about contributing this back to the official ReSpec version, but didn't get a reply yet.

I wonder whether those additions could be made by the extension tricks ReSpec already have; we could then have our own local add-ons in javascript but keeping to the centrally-maintained one.

Ivan

> Best,
> Richard

----