Re: [Turtle] Misc initial thoughts

Andy Seaborne wrote:
> These are more some useful things to do ... some quite mundane ...

agree, +1

> (e.g. what's allowed in a prefixed name).

... and is the colon part of it?

> We could add the tokens for variables, keywords, and the symbols "{",
> "}" and so one set of tokens will cover evolutions of N3, N-Triples,
> N-Quads, Turtle, TriG and SPARQL as well as be a possible starting point
> for any other languages of the same style (a rules format; a CSV-like
> results format, or RDF-Tuples; domain specific formats).

good move, the definitions in n3.n3 are quite good I've found.

> The N-Triples format

are we going to be standardizing n-triples with a registered mime type
in this group? would be very useful to get done.

> IRIs .. UTF-8.

remembering n-triples is 7-bit us-ascii (? iirc)

> A MIME type which is not text/plain would be helpful.

ahh yes, i should have read on before mentioning above, +1

> == Charset
>
> All UTF-8. People do write "UTF-8 N-triples".  This is a change to
> N-Triples and N-Quads that is backwards compatible.

text tree standardization issues potentially, has always been a stickler
to n3, even still whilst trying to iana register again - application/
tree doesn't have this problem - just something to remember / be aware of.

best,

nathan