get rid of the semantics for RDF?

On Sat, 2011-12-17 at 12:51 -0500, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> On 12/17/11 12:21 PM, Pat Hayes wrote:
> > That is why we are stuck. This situation cannot be resolved simply by letting it all hang out. We could simply declare that RDF has no semantics, and is simply to be used by programmers to mess around with in ways they find handy. Really, this might be the best way to move forward. But until we do this, we have to take the semantics seriously.
>
> +1

The promise of the formal semantics of RDF, I think, is that we'll be
able to merge knowledge.

If I say something, using decontextualized true statements, and you do
the same, using the same vocabulary, then someone can just merge the
graphs to have the aggregate knowledge of both of us.   That's pretty
cool.   (I wish it worked more often, ... but I have some faith the
situation is improving.)