Re: Update Unicode reference for rdf:text

Jie Bao wrote:
> Hi Axel and Boris
>
> As I didn't hear objection from you, I would go ahead and make the
> change to the wiki. Please let me know if you or others have comments.
>
> Jie
>
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Jie Bao <baojie@cs.rpi.edu> wrote:
>> Axel:
>>
>> It was suggested at the OWL meeting we update the Unicode reference
>> for rdf:text with the following text. The main change is adding the
>> mention of a specific Unicode version.
>>
>> "Unicode The Unicode Consortium, The Unicode Standard, Version  5.1.0,
>> ISBN 0-321-48091-0, as updated from time to time by the publication of
>> new versions. (See http://www.unicode.org/unicode/standard/versions
>> for the latest version and additional information on versions of the
>> standard and of the Unicode Character Database)."
>>
>> Will you be ok with this change?
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/InternationalizedStringSpec
>>
>> Jie

hmmm, I have a question on that... e.g. on the lang-tags, we exlicitly
refer to BPG-47 which is the "dynamic" link which always points to the
latest version of the spec where here you seem to suggest just the opposite.

In that sense, I'm not 100% sure.
So, what is the ratonale of going to static version in one (unicode) and
dynamic version in another case (lang tags)?

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Polleres
Digital Enterprise Research Institute, National University of Ireland,