Re: Three ideas

Hi Peter

> :BOUP rdf:subject :Obama ; rdf:predicate :role; rdf:object :UsPresident ;
>    :between [ :start "2009" ; end "2017" ] .
>

> PS:  Note that I am not arguing that this is a good way to represent
> temporal
> qualifiers.  I am just arguing that RDF is just as good RDF-star for adding
>
> temporal qualifiers.  I actually think that this is a bad, albeit common,
> way
> to represent temporal information.

This basically describes time and space positions, or statement-level
timestamping, however you want to view it. I share Fabio's sentiment here,
it's interesting to hear that it's common.

PPS:  If we wanted to be more explicit about the representation we could
> create subclasses of rdf:Statement for cases where we want to talk about a
>
> proposition and cases where we want to talk about stating a proposition.
> This
> allows RDF to be more flexible than RDF-star.  Advantage RDF.

This is one of those cases where it's arguable that syntax is easier than
vocabulary. Use cases drop rapidly the further you go, but syntax allows
for nesting, whereas with subclasses I think it turns out to be something
like:

rdf:Statement
    rdf:StatementAboutStatement
        rdf:StatementAboutStatementAboutStatement
            rdf:StatementAboutStatementAboutStatementAboutStatement
                ... and so on.

The same idea applies to lists, it's arguable that list syntax is easier
than list vocabulary.

Regards
Anthony