Re: Referential transparency and opacity

> Note that one dimension of this problem is, precisely, the fact that it is
> orthogonal to referential transparency: you can think of transparent
> occurrences (e.g. multiple marriages) or opaque occurrences (e.g. multiple
> mentions of the triple in different triple stores or files).

You're right about that, it only occurred to me a moment ago that Miel was
probably talking about "occurrenceOf" as used in the CG report and not what
I was thinking about.

Miel, I'm not certain, but I think I agree with Pierre-Antoine that it's
sort of orthogonal to that vocabulary and therefore orthogonal to the
potential syntax you're suggesting for it.

My question, to anybody, was if it might be possible to support both use
cases, referential transparency and referential opacity, by using
syntax—rather than choosing and supporting just one of those use cases.

Regards
Anthony