Re: Blog post about "Provenance in RDF-star"

On 2/4/22 9:02 AM, james anderson wrote:
>> On 2022-01-28, at 09:01:29, Pierre-Antoine Champin <pierre-antoine.champin@ercim.eu> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Kingsley
>> On 26/01/2022 22:42, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>>>
>>> What is the difference between both? Is it that your RDF-Star example expresses a statement (utterance) while mine expresses a fact (proposition)?
>>
>> The real difference that RDF-star makes, IMO, is that it provides homogeneity between the things you talk about and the things you assert. E.g:
> has it really managed to homogenize immiscibles by providing analogous operators to apply in each realm?

Hi James,

Which is why I asked about statements (utterances) vs propositions
(facts), in my initial post.

My guess, is that "unasserted triples" are statements while "asserted
triples" are propositions. If true, then you've understood my original
question since both are indeed immiscible :)

RDF lets you reify statements, using what appears to be problematic
syntax (rather that semantics).

IMHO, RDF-Star remains an attempt to fix the issue above, but in the
process introducing new RDF syntax and semantics. All of this in
response to an interpretation of graph representation patterns used by
Labeled Property Graph platforms.

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen