Re: RDF* and conjectures

Dear James,

> On 24 Sep 2021, at 11:06, James Anderson <anderson.james.1955@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> good morning;
>
>> On 2021-09-24, at 10:12:34, Fabio Vitali <fabio.vitali@unibo.it> wrote:
>>
>> Dear [?],

>>> we are sceptical of the rhetorical consequence.
>>> both chambers and the oed equate "not one" with "not any" in their principle entries for "none".
>>> which leaves "zero" only.
>>
>> You have an advantage over me by being a native speaker. I tried to compensate it by comparing you to an ancient Latin writer, though. ;-)
>
> i would be more willing to go along with you if you were to draw parallels to joe friday.

I'll look for Dragnet on Netflix, I promise.

> at least our existences overlapped.

Well, he did not really *exist*, as such, differently from Tacitus, but yeah, in a way...

>>> is it possible to relate the statements that "the content of a named graph is stated just as the content of the outside (the default graph)" to the sparql's treatment of its target dataset?
>>
>> After you shed light over 3.8, I have come to the conviction that whoever is using sparql is adopting sparql's semantics whether they are aware or not of the available options.
>
> does that change whether it satisfies the criteria of being "one"?

What really satisfies me is that, since I need a way to represent 3.4 anyway, saying that plain named graphs use 3.8 whether we are aware of it or not is a good case for the need for Conjectures, so yes, I am happy.

Ciao

Fabio