Re: RDF* and conjectures

good morning;

> On 2021-09-17, at 12:27:10, Fabio Vitali <fabio.vitali@unibo.it> wrote:

>> (which impression agrees with his comprehension of the rdf-star deliberations, in general.)
>
> I am not sure if this is referring to me (that I do not understand rdf-star deliberations) or is a more general statement ("his" refers to "this reader", which in this context is you).

his = this reader
in general = in general

>> yes, absent a definition for dataset construction, there is no way to interpret the chronology example.
>> post-3.8, why does that matter?
>
> So let me clarify this: 3.8 suggests we use a ASK WHERE query to verify the truth value of a graph. Thus I add a boolean statement to the example, say:

more importantly and without regard to the specific consequences as to interpretation, 3.8 refers to a situation which demonstrates that, whichever question one asks,  if one defines how to merge graphs, it is possible to answer ones questions.
which of 3.1 -- 3.7 one chooses is (modulo issues of completeness and correctness) immaterial.
sparlq chooses one.

best regards, from berlin,