Re: RDF* and conjectures

To clarify my position:

the semantics of datasets / named graphs is not governed by the RDF
standard.

The bad thing about it is that two implementations will behave
differently with the same TriG file.

The good thing about it is that you are free to define your own
semantics and implement it (from scratch, or based on some
implementation whose behaviour is compatible with it). That's what
nanopublications are doing.

So you are free to define your own semantics for named graphs in which
they behave as conjectures, where some of them are asserted and others
are not. In this setting, I don't see any need to extend the TriG syntax.

     GRAPH :conjecture01 {
         :Hamlet dc:creator :WilliamShakespeare .
     }
     :conjecture01 a conj:CollapsedConjecture ;
         prov:wasAttributedTo :SamuelJohnson .

     GRAPH :conjecture02 {
         :Hamlet dc:creator :EdwardDeVere .
     }
     :conjecture02 a conj:Conjecture ;
         prov:wasAttributedTo :JThomasLooney .

In another thread [1] you make a parallel with how RDF-star's semantics
is defined, i.e. through a rewriting to standard RDF.  I see this as a
completely different situation: the sole purpose of this renaming is to
/use the standard RDF semantics/ as the foundation of RDF-star's
semantics . In your case, RDF datasets have no standard semantics to
build on, so the rewriting seems unnecessary.

   pa

[1] https://www.w3.org/mid/FE5A611B-B622-4948-AA02-8B8455E18EB6@unibo.it