Re: 回复: Relationship and difference between N3 and RDF*

Dear Joy,

On 08/06/2021 17:54, Joy lix wrote:

> Dear William:
>
> Thank you very much for your detailed explanation of N3, TRIG, and
> RDF*,  I now have a general idea of how they relate. But in practice,
> I still don't know which one to choose.
>
> In most cases, can I use N-quads or named graph, Like this:
>
>         ex:bob a ex:Person .
>
>         ex:bob ex:haschild  ex:meli  ex:ng1 .
>
>         ex:ng1 ex:saidBy  ex:lucy .
>
> Does this have the same effect as RDF* ?

With named graphs, you can make assertions about a whole graph.

RDF-star is designed to allow you to make assertions about individual
statements.

Of course, one can emulate one with the other (modeling a single
statement as a named graph containing only that statement, or modeling a
named graph as a collection of embedded triples). But that's not always
ideal.

Note that both solutions can actually co-exist, as RDF-star also extends
the notion of RDF dataset, and extends the concrete syntaxes N-Quads and
TriG.

> In addition, about “N3 adds an If-Then style of decision making in the
> form of logical implications and variables”, I would like to know the
> current progress in this respect, what kind of expression will be
> used?   Does it have anything to do with ruleML or DMN?

I recommend that you move that part of the discussion to
public-n3-dev@w3.org :)

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-n3-dev/

   best