Re: multisets everywhere

Dear Anthony,

> Earlier Fabio wrote:
> << :dihydrogen-monoxide :form :liquid >>
>         physical:lowTemp  :0Centigrade;
>         physical:highTemp :100Centigrade;
>         physical:pressure :1atm.
>
> Hi Fabio. If I'm way off forgive me, but these seem to be constraints for description rather than actual description, if so is that what SHACL could be used for? Maybe my understanding is way off though.

Uhm.... maybe I am misreading the multiple uses of Shacl, but it seems to me more a way to express validity constraints over graphs rather than truth constraints. They are not the same thing.

For instance, the graph:

{ :RichardB :marriedTo :ElizabethT . }

is a valid graph whose truth is temporally constrained (there are two temporal intervals where the statement is true), while:

{ :FabioVitali :marriedTo :MargotRobbie . }

is just as perfectly valid as the first graph, but, sadly, not true in any past (and, I am ready to bet, future) temporal interval.

I believe.

Ciao

Fabio