Re: OnAgainOffAgain relations - beyond celeb marriage: Org membership

On 14/12/2021 14:41, Anthony Moretti wrote:

>     Exactly. What I like about the "realization" pattern (or any
>     similar pattern involving quoted triples) is that it keeps a link
>     between the complex construct (the event) and the simple triple
>     (asserted or not).
>
>       pa
>

> It's a good solution that preserves all the information.
>
> In place of "realizationOf" I'd like to suggest renaming it to
> "occurrenceOf". If we're discussing reoccurring relationships then
> each Event is an occurrence of that relationship.
>
> As a follow-on I'd also suggest renaming theexisting
> <https://w3c.github.io/rdf-star/cg-spec/editors_draft.html#occurrences>"occurrenceOf"
> relation to "literalOccurrenceOf" (and possibly renaming that section
> of the report to "Triples and literal occurrences of triples").

Note that the `:occurenceOf` predicate in the CG report is just an
*example*, it has no "official" standing in the CG report. Yes, I
avoided that term in order to avoid confusion with the discussion in the
report, but I do not consider any term as definitely taken. "occurrence"
vs. "literalOccurrence" would be fine by me, I guess.

Note however that we have tried, in the RDF-star group, to coin a
general vocabulary for occurrences... but we failed to reach consensus
after a long discussion, and decided to defer that to the future working
group. This is a nasty can of worms, with a lot of subtle distinctions.

So my proposal in this thread is something more targeted: a property
whose domain is restricted a given Event class (although, as Peter
Rivett poinrted out, schema:Event is maybe not the most appropriate one).