Re: Annotation syntax [was: SPARQL* test suite]

Chiming in a little late, now that I understand the goals a little better...

On 03/09/2020 05:14, Holger Knublauch wrote:
> BTW, the use of triples as objects could be expressed using an inverse
> path, e.g.
>
> :bob :age 23 {| ^:disbelieves :alice |}

I don't think that we want Turtle* to fully support property paths... :-/

However, allowing '^' to be used before the predicate inside a {| ... |}
annotation, to "reverse" the annotation triple, would be an elegant
solution to this problem.

> although if Property Graphs don't support that then maybe RDF*'s PG
> mode also shouldn't.

That's a good point, but this asymmetry would still look strange from an
RDF point of view.

Also, I would point out that, even without "reverse" annotations, RDF*
PG mode is already more "expressive" than Property Graphs, as it allows
the object of an annotation to be a node of the graph...

So I would say: let's bite the bullet and allow annotations in both
directions.

  my 2ยข

  pa