Re: PG mode and SA mode

On Wed, 2019-09-25 at 00:00 -0500, Patrick J Hayes wrote:
> > On Sep 20, 2019, at 3:56 AM, Olaf Hartig <olaf.hartig@liu.se>
> > wrote:
> > [...]
> > In fact, in RDF* there is no need for such a naming convention
> > because, when talking about a triple t'=(s,p,o) in some other
> > triple t, the idea of RDF* is to directly use the triple t' itself
> > instead of using a name for that triple.
> >
> > t = ( (s,p,o), p2, o2 )
>
> I understand, and agree. But this does mean that your often-repeated
> claim to somehow reduce RDF* to RDF reification is not accurate. RDF*
> is a genuine extension to RDF.

Indeed, it is an actual extension. So, you are right: Reducing RDF* to
RDF reification requires the introduction of identifiers for triples,
as a result of which the reification description is not semantically
linked anymore to  the described triple (due to the limitation of RDF
reification).

Thanks,
Olaf