Re: RDF* semantics

Reification can do 3 things: (close by are cases for named graphs)

1/ Talk about another triple in the graph - this is edge properties and
is RDF* PG mode.

2/ Talk about something that isn't asserted or isn't known.
RDF* SA mode is close to this, I think.

:moon :color "Green".

   is not in the graph and

<<:moon :color "Green">> :saidBy :Bob .

   is in the graph.

or
<<:moon :color "Green">> :claimedFalse :Alice .

Having both modes does not make sense when graphs are (RDF) merged.

3/ Reification can be used for different claims about "the same thing"
(a triple with the same appearance).

<<:moon :color "Green">> :saidBy :Bob ;   :saidOn "Tuesday" .
<<:moon :color "Green">> :saidBy :Alice ; :saidOn "Monday" .

This latter case can't be done with a single term for the {:moon :color
"Green"} triple - the different properties get mixed up. Yes - better
modelling is possible

<<:moon :color "Green">> :about [ :saidBy :Bob ;   :saidOn "Tuesday" ] .
<<:moon :color "Green">> :about [ :saidBy :Alice ; :saidOn "Monday"  ] .

Likewise, clashes happen when two RDF* graphs are merged. (Similar
things happen in RDF graphs as well on a lesser and better understood
level.)

     Andy