Re: RDF* semantics

On Wed, 2019-08-07 at 12:04 -0400, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> [...]
> >> But that's just another RDF sentence/statement constructed from blank
> >> nodes (indefinite pronouns):
> >>
> >> @prefix : <#> .
> >>
> >> [ a foaf:Person; foaf:name "Alice"] :claims [a foaf:Person; foaf:name
> >> "Bob"; foaf:age "23"^^xsd:integer] .
> >>
> [...]
>
> It states that a Person named "Alice" :claims a Person named "Bob" has
> age 23 expressed as in integer.

I disagree. It states that a Person named "Alice" :claims something and
this something is of rdf:type foaf:Person. So, what she is claiming is a
person rather than being about a person.

> [...]
> > I guess what you actually wanted to write was something
> > like the following:
> >
> > [ a foaf:Person; foaf:name "Alice"]
> >            :claims [ a rdf:Statement ;
> >                      rdf:subject   :Bob ;
> >                      rdf:predicate foaf:age ;
> >                      rdf:object    "23"^^xsd:integer ] .
>

> No, that is just a reified version of my initial statement.

Are you saying that you consider the set of triples serialized as this
piece of Turtle to be semantically equivalent to the set of triples
serialized in the piece of Turtle above?

> [...]
> > By the definition of the RDF* data model, every RDF graph is an RDF*
> > graph. Additionally, by the definition of the RDF*-to-RDF mapping, every
> > RDF* graph can be viewed as an RDF graph.
>
> Sorta, but this is serious work to be done explaining all of this in a
> manner that prevents the confusion I fear.

Point taken.

Olaf