Re: Question on sh:prefixes

On 21/04/2017 14:51, Nilesh Jain wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I am prototyping a SHACL SPARQL implementation as a student project.

In case you are working on the SHACL-SPARQL features, please consider
submitting an implementation report, see
http://w3c.github.io/data-shapes/data-shapes-test-suite/ (currently only
one implementation covers SHACL-SPARQL, but we need two in order to move
the process forward).

> I have a question: what is supposed to happen if an owl:imports chain
> of prefix declarations contains duplicates (ie: defines the same
> prefix with two different name spaces)?

This is explained in the second grey box in
https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl/#sparql-prefixes - such shape graphs are
ill-formed. This means that the validation process is undefined. In
practice, you could for example report a failure, see
https://www.w3.org/TR/shacl/#ill-formed-shape-graphs

HTH
Holger