Re: on the turtle serialization of SHACL

Something like:

sh:property rdfs:range sh:PropertyConstraint

is simply a declaration.

It does not require that inferencing must happen. Just like other published vocabularies (e.g., SKOS) do not require their users to perform inferencing.

Whether the reader of the document chooses to only be informed by these statements or do inferencing is the readers choice not the publisher.

So, I don’t really see what problem the domain and range statements in the SHACL vocabulary would create.

Irene