Re: on the turtle serialization of SHACL

If the spec overrules the Turtle document, then I don't see how the Turtle
document can be considered to be normative and I don't even see any utility in
referring to the document at all.

However, I don't think that that is what you are saying.   You appear to be
saying that if this document contains something like
sh:Shape rdfs:subClassOf sh:PropertyConstraint .
then even if this is not stated anywhere in the SHACL document every shape is
also a property constraint in SHACL and all SHACL processors MUST treat them
as such, i.e., all SHACL processors MUST signal a syntax error on shapes
graphs like

se:s1 rdf:type sh:Shape ;
 sh:targetNode ex:n1 ;
 sh:class ex:c1 .

However only certain aspects of the Turtle document will have this kind of
effect.  As you say, rdfs:domain and rdfs:range portions won't do anything.
How then are they normative?

Further, it is the document itself that is being stated to be normative.  If
changing namespace prefixes doesn't change anything then it seems to be more
that the intent is not that the document is normative but that some RDF graph
has some normative intent.

So:

ISSUE:  The intent and effects of the Turtle document are unclear.

peter