Re: on values

The way I read it is as follows:

A value of a property could potentially be an IRI or a literal or a blank node. This is what follows from:

>>> The values of a property p for a node n in an RDF graph are the objects of
>>> the triples in the graph that have n as subject and p as predicate.

The value of sh:targetNode is either an IRI or a literal.

Since the second statement “narrows the scope” from a more general definition of what a property value is to a more specific definition of what a value of sh:targetNode is, I do not see any contradictions.

However, if this statement is not true and a value of sh;targetNode could be a blank node, I see your point.