Re: Shapes question

On 1/1/15 1:35 PM, Judson Lester wrote:
> I wound up defining a vocabulary of "paths" in RDF that could be used to
> match parts of a graph, something like regular expressions match strings.

This sounds like the approach taken by the Dublin Core Description Set
Profile.[1] It has some advantages (you can overlay graphs of any type),
and some disadvantages (the graph shape may not be coincident with the
graph meaning, especially when you have errors like missing properties).

I have a hard time thinking of this in the abstract, so some real
examples would be good. Can you provide any?

kc
[1] http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-dsp/ see section 3 for matching rules

--
Karen Coyle