Re: vote for supporting "closed shapes"

* Arthur Ryman <arthur.ryman@gmail.com> [2015-04-29 00:50-0400]
> Eric,
>  Small tweak. It's not that the server necessarily accepts the
> unexpected triples. Rather, it may simply drop them but report that
> fact in the response.
>
> a server accepts only the expected triples and returns a list of the
> ignored, unexpected triples to the client.

How about
[[
Some data recipients will not act as generic triple stores.
"Closed shapes" identify triples not matched by a property constraint in a shape.
A few uses of closed shapes: a client tests that every triple being sent to a server will be accepted/processed; a server rejects any document with unexpected triples; a server accepts and ignores unexpected triples and returns a list of dropped triples to the client.
(The control can probably be applied to the whole schema rather than individual shapes. At least, there's no use case or implementation experience to the contrary.)
]]

Ted, Arthur, is this good enough?

--
-ericP