Re: vote for supporting "closed shapes"

From: Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 11:47:22 +1000
To: public-rdf-shapes@w3.org
On 4/25/2015 1:21, Erik Wilde wrote:

> that's the problem: ideally, you would want to have a vocabulary
> identified, so that terms from it can be identified as belonging to
> it. in XML, namespaces do that for you, and because that's a very
> usefu scoping mechanism, that's how a lot of vocabularies are defined
> and used.

Hi Erik,

to clarify: are you looking for some way to express that a given
resource can only have properties from a certain namespace? For example,

SELECT ?subject ?predicate ?object
WHERE {
     ?subject ?predicate ?object .
     FILTER (!STRSTARTS(str(?predicate), "http://example.org/ns#"))
}

would return all triples of the given ?subject that have a predicate
from another namespace than the provided one.

A query as above would be straight-forward to generalize into a SHACL
template, so that the syntax would be something like

ex:ExampleShape
     sh:constraint [
         a sh:ClosedShapeByIRIConstraint ;
         sh:allowedIRIStarts ( "http://example.org/ns#" ) ;
     ] .

Does this look about right? (I'd be happy to write this down as a
requirement for our catalogue so that the WG can vote on it).

Thanks,
Holger