Re: ShEx questionnaire (was Re: RDF validation questionnaire)

I decided to try answering the questionnaire and gave up, oh, about two
questions in. First, nowhere does it say who these "others" are that I
am answering for. Anyone in the world? My dog? Folks on a project I'm
on? "Intuitiveness?" Nope, not intuitive.

The examples weren't helpful, unfortunately. "foaf:mbox IRI+" ? There
are some pretty strong assumptions about what the respondents need to
know to read the examples, and those should be made clear so as not to
waste peoples' time. At least name the notation you are using so people
can decide if they should expect to understand the examples. (Same would
be true if written as SPARQL queries, btw. "To understand this, you need
to be able to read and understand SPARQL queries. If you cannot, please
inform the attendant and you will be moved to a different seat.")
Basically, if you write your explanations as code you are limiting your
audience to those who read that code. You should therefore target your
"questionnaire" at those persons, make it clear in the call, and assess
the results accordingly. Otherwise, you waste the time of anyone not in
your target group.

Also note that once it said "clinical informatics" mego. I could come
back with something equally alien from my own area of expertise, but is
that really necessary?

*sigh*

kc

--