Re: WebID sketch

On 03/18/2014 09:52 PM, cr wrote:

> foaf-ssl, from hellekin was all i could find related - if there are others, maybe they are hiding. a few thoughts

*** Yes, I have some long due upgrade to do there...  Contributions
welcome.  I didn't touch anything related to Ruby in many months.  And
I'm way into systems these days, not so much Web.

> -  uses RDF::Raptor

*** Should use LinkedData instead, which provides a wrapper to all
flavors of RDF engines.

>  - GPL

*** GPL is a free license for free software developers.  It prevents
takeover by proprietary developers and thus protect the users better.
That said, as foafssl is supposed to be integrated with the Ruby RDF
suite, it should use the same license (which I don't like too much, as
it does not favor the commons).

>  - ruby-specific API for querying. stuff like <https://github.com/hellekin/foafssl-ruby/blob/master/lib/foafssl/reader/foaf.rb>

*** Using the LinkedData gem would fix this. Check the issues for
foafssl on Github.

==
hk