Re: Question about doing RDF analysis in Ruby

On Jan 31, 2011, at 3:26 PM, Greg Lappen wrote:

> Is the ability to query multiple repositories something that is inherent in SPARQL, or in the Ruby implementation of it?  Also, is the Ruby SPARQL implementation that you're referencing going to layer on top of RDF.rb Repositories?

Fairly speculative, right now, but I expect that the implementation will either look for datasources within a local repository, or read them into a repository instance, we haven't created the overall scaffold for this yet. This would allow a SPARQL endpoint without any persistent repository to query from multiple "remote" datasources.

Of course, having a local repository, particularly one which has more native support for query primitives, could provide some significant performance advantages over a compliant, but simplified implementation.

Gregg