Re: RDF/XML and Turtle support for RDF.rb

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 11:56 AM, Arto Bendiken <arto.bendiken@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have now released RDF::Raptor 0.1.0, a plugin for RDF.rb that adds
> support for parsing/serializing RDF/XML and Turtle data using the
> Raptor RDF Parser library:
>
>  http://rdf.rubyforge.org/raptor/

To follow up on this, I've now successfully tested the RDF::Raptor
plugin with Ruby 1.8.6, 1.8.7, 1.9.1 as well as with JRuby 1.4.0.

I've also figured out the platform-specific Raptor installation
procedure for all major Linux and BSD distributions; the instructions
are available in the README file, and copied below for your
convenience:

    % [sudo] port install raptor             # Mac OS X with MacPorts
    % [sudo] fink install raptor-bin         # Mac OS X with Fink
    % [sudo] aptitude install raptor-utils   # Ubuntu / Debian
    % [sudo] yum install raptor              # Fedora / CentOS / RHEL
    % [sudo] zypper install raptor           # openSUSE
    % [sudo] emerge raptor                   # Gentoo Linux
    % [sudo] pkg_add -r raptor               # FreeBSD
    % [sudo] pkg_add raptor                  # OpenBSD / NetBSD

In addition to all this, I have verified that the RDF::Raptor plugin
works fine with at least as old a Raptor version as 1.4.16, such as is
still commonly found packaged in the more enterprise-oriented Linux
distributions.

In short, making effective use of this plugin to enable RDF/XML and
Turtle parsing/serialization with RDF.rb should not be a problem on
any major Unix-based development or deployment platform.

See the code examples at http://rdf.rubyforge.org/raptor/ to get started.

--
Arto Bendiken | http://twitter.com/bendiken