Re: Progress on Ruby RDF/XML parser

Ben Adida wrote:

>> extracting of RDF data from HTML documents with embedded RDFa.
>
> Yes, that would be great :)
>
> In the RDFa task force, I built an RDFa parser in Ruby as a way to
> validate the processing rules. It's probably awful Ruby (I'm still
> learning the language), and it needs a serious cleanup, but I'm happy to
> eventually contribute it to the group in whatever toolkit we end up
> putting together.

Please ship the code, in whatever state! Ideally wired up to some tests,
but anything is a start.

I wrote to the author of http://code.google.com/p/ruby-rdfa/ earlier
today. No response yet. But it would be good to know what's been done
already before people start duplicating. For example, taking one of the
Python RDFa parsers (eg. http://dev.w3.org/2004/PythonLib-IH/pyRdfa/)
would also be a reasonable option; generally transliterating Python into
Ruby is relatively straightforward. But beginning from native Ruby would
be better of course...

cheers,

Dan

--