Re: RubyRDF library "retired" / collaboration possibilities

Comments about Samizdat inline:

On Fri, Dec 31, 2004 at 02:39:14PM -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:
> What N-Triples, N3, Turtle etc parsers are available?
> (http://www.nongnu.org/samizdat/ mentions Samizdat does)

No, it only uses N3 for its schema definition. Parsers-wise, Samizdat
only understands Squish (actually, a superset of it with assertion
capability).

(...)
> What RDF storage systems? SQL-backed? other? anything
> that talks to the persistent stores used by other RDF systems
> written in non-Ruby languages? (I guess Redland-rdf does,
> any others)
(...)
> What RDF query engines?

Samizdat is an SQL-backed RDF storage system, I've just released its RDF
Storage module as a separate library. It accepts Squish queries, but not
SPARQL.

I was going to wait on implementing a more standard query engine until
something close to final hashes out of DAWG. Unfortunately, later I had
to put the RDF part of Samizdat on hold: my top priority at the moment
is to get the Web engine part of Samizdat to satisfy the immediate needs
of Indymedia Belarus (of what use is an elegant solution that is used by
no one?).

Hopefully, now that it is released as a stand-alone library, it will get
more attention and maybe even some help.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko