Re: Proposal for 'URIs everywhere'

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:25:23 +0000
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@webbackplane.com>
Cc: W3C RDFa task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 22:06 +0000, Mark Birbeck wrote:
> Anyway, below you'll find a series of minor changes that I feel would
> need to be made to various parts of the syntax document, in order to
> support URIs and CURIEs in all RDFa-related attributes (except @src
> and @href).

The following describes the behaviour of the unreleased
RDF::RDFa::Parser 0.21 package for Perl. (Latest released version is
0.20.)

If the parser is instantiated with the option "full_uris" set to true,
then, it uses the following behaviour for these attributes:

@about/@resource: Safe CURIE, falling back to URIs.
@src/@href: URIs only.
@rel/@rev: Keywords, falling back to safe CURIEs, CURIEs then URIs.
@property/@typeof/@datatype: Safe CURIEs, CURIEs then URIs.

I think this is more or less the same as your proposal, except that
unsafe CURIEs are disallowed in @about/@resource.

By default, i.e. when "full_uris" is not true, it uses:

@about/@resource: Safe CURIE, falling back to URIs.
@src/@href: URIs only.
@rel/@rev: Keywords, falling back to safe CURIEs, then CURIEs.
@property/@typeof/@datatype: Safe CURIEs, falling back to CURIEs.

And as of 0.21 it's now passing all 107 approved tests in the XHTML+RDFa
test suite. (Yay!)

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>