Directions for implementing RDFa in Drupal core

Hi Jamie and all,

I would appreciate some feedback on the directions we plan to take to
implement RDFa in Drupal core [1]. We have a tight deadline which the
code freeze on September first and we need to get out patches committed
by then. If you see something that we might have overlooked in the post,
please let us know.

As a follow up of the announcement of the CommonTag format, I filed a
feature request to add a concept URI field to taxonomy terms [2], in
order to include it in the RDFa output of the tags.

regards,
Stephane.

[1] http://groups.drupal.org/node/22716
[2] http://drupal.org/node/490916

Jamie Taylor wrote:
> Stephane -
>
> I've been excited by the progress on RDFa in Drupal 7 (sorry to have
> only been following it from afar at this point.)
>
> Last weekend at the Bay Area Dupal Camp
> (http://badcamp.net/session/what-semantic-web-technologies-can-do-you)
> I presented an overview of semantic technologies for Drupal
> publishers, covering the basics of semantic representation, the Drupal
> semantic modules and briefly introduced the ideas behind Common Tag.
> (You can see the slides at
> http://www.slideshare.net/jamietaylor/what-semantic-technologies-can-do-for-drupal-publishers.)
>

> I also showed a few screen shots of a prototype Drupal 6 module for
> creating Common Tags using the Freebase Suggest module
> (http://drupal.org/project/jquery_freebase). My hope is that the
> Common Tag module would allow other Drupal developers to build display
> blocks and modules around the Common Tag markup/metadata.
>
> I was planning to make my first code drop following SemTech and hoping
> that others (perhaps more experienced Drupal developers/users) would
> help me improve the module.
>
> I'd be excited to work with the Drupal 7 RDFa group to further the cause.

> Jamie Taylor, Ph.D.
> Minister of Information
> Metaweb Technologies, Inc.
> Author "Programming the Semantic Web"
> www.freebase.com/view/en/jamie_taylor
>

> On Jun 11, 2009, at 1:28 PM, Stephane Corlosquet wrote:
>
>> Hi Andraz and all,
>>
>> This great! We were waiting for some consensus on a common tagging
>> format to integrate in Drupal 7 RDFa, now we have it. Perfect timing.
>>
>> regards,
>> Stéphane.
>>
>> Andraz Tori wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> today, a small consortium of web companies and one institute
>>> (AdaptiveBlue, DERI (NUI Galway), Faviki, Freebase, Yahoo!, Zemanta,
>>> and
>>> Zigtag) released a format specifying expression of semantic tags so our
>>> tools will understand/publish them.
>>>
>>> http://commontag.org
>>>
>>> It is RDFa based and it does not mandate specific vocabulary of
>>> meanings
>>> for tags. DBpedia and Freebase are currently used by Zigtag, Faviki and