Re: an alternative for microformat-like simplicity

Hello Ben

Ben Adida wrote:
> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> Do you not feel that you are trying to hit something with a sledge hammer?
>>

> It may be a slightly larger hammer than necessary, but it's one that is
> already part of the RDF processing chain, so we get it for close to free
> instead of burdening RDFa processing with another entirely different
> technology.
>

>> a simpler approach may be to re-use XMDP profiles to define your vocab?
>>

> Simpler in terms of vocabulary definition syntax... maybe a little bit.
> But this approach has the same problem as Mark's approach, which is that
> you cannot get any triples until you dereference the vocab,

Can you get ant triples without dereferencing the vocab the  way you
have proposed? I would like to see an example?

> so you can't
> even draw local conclusions, i.e. within a given web site, without
> hacking up your own special kind of triple store.

Well I don't know about that... suppose you used the google vocab for
your terms.....

No dereferencing needed is there?

Best wishes

--